Combined Heat and Power Partnership
2010 CHPP Partners Meeting
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Held in conjunction with the Texas CHP Policy Forum & Texas CHP Initiative Industry Trade Show
November 1-2, 2010, Omni Downtown, Austin, TX
EPA invited CHP industry professionals and policy experts to provide the latest on national and regional market drivers for CHP, and successful financing and project implementation strategies. In addition a utility industry roundtable provided a discussion of utility-related challenges and opportunities for CHP. The program also included site visits to the University of Texas at Austin CHP system and the Dell Children's Hospital Mueller Energy Center CHP system. On November 3, the Gulf Coast Clean Energy Application Center presented the Texas CHP Policy Forum on recent policy and program developments that advance CHP in Texas, and the Texas CHP Initiative presented an Industry Trade Show. Over 250 people attended the three-day series of events.
- CHP Partnership Meeting Agenda (November 1-2) (PDF) (1 pg, 210K)
- Texas CHP Policy Forum Agenda (November 3) (PDF) (6 pp, 260K)
Monday, November 1, 2010
The meeting kicked off with a special two hour utility industry roundtable which included a project developer and representatives of gas and electric utilities and public utility commissions.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
- Juan Ontiveros, University of Texas at Austin (PDF) (15 pp, 1.4 MB)
- Bruce Hedman, ICF International (PDF) (25 pp, 408K)
- Erik Prince, Cummins (PDF) (10 pp, 105K)
- Jim Yarbrough, EPA Region 6 (PDF) (33 pp, 1.1 MB)
- Nate Kaufman, American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (PDF) (31 pp, 387K)
- Rich Halvey, Western Governors Association (PDF) (14 pp, 360K)
- David Farnsworth, Regulatory Assistance Project (PDF) (27 pp, 411K)
- Andrew Mangan, United States Business Council for Sustainable Development (PDF) (12 pp, 976K)
- Lee Vardakas, Aegis Energy Services (PDF) (23 pp, 510K)
- Richard Grubbs, Chevron Energy Solutions & Ramesh Swaminathan, Austin Water (presentation not available)
- Judge Margaret Keliher, Texas Business for Clean Air (PDF) (14 pp, 325K)
- Paul Lemar, Resource Dynamics Corporation (PDF) (21 pp, 199K)
- Cesar Baptista, City of Dallas (PDF) (9 pp, 348K)
- Shonodeep Modak, GE Energy (PDF) (14 pp, 1.4 MB)
- Bill Bullock, Turbosteam (PDF) (18 pp, 688K)
- Marc Wachter, Wachter & Associates (PDF) (24 pp, 962K)
- Stephen Swinson, Thermal Energy Corporation (PDF) (12 pp, 1 MB)
- Patrick Blanchard, Calpine (PDF) (15 pp, 900 K)
- Brewster McCracken, Pecan Street Project, Inc. (PDF) (27 pp, 639K)
- Bob Albertini, Pepco (PDF) (21 pp, 1.4 MB)
- Jeff Beiter, E-Finity Distributed Generation (PDF) (33 pp, 3.2 MB)
Presentation from the Texas CHP Policy Forum held on November 3, can be found on the DOE Gulf Coast Clean Energy Application Center website .