NV Energy (Northern NV Gas) - SureBet Business Energy Efficiency Rebate Program
dCHPP Glossary (PDF) (2 pp, 53K)
|Date Last Updated||11/16/2012|
|Incentive Administrator/Contact Office||NV Energy|
|Incentive Initiation Date||1/1/2003|
|Incentive Size and Funding Source||Prescriptive rebates are available for the following: |
Energy saving measures not covered under the prescriptive rebates can receive custom financial rewards worth $0.50 per therm.
- Boiler Reset Control: $500.
- Boiler Tune-up: $300.
- High Efficiency Furnaces Input MBH $1.
- Commercial Water Heaters Unit: $150.
- Condensing Unit Heaters Input MBH $1.
- Programmable Thermostat: $50.
- Infrared Heaters Input MBH $1.
- Steam Trap Repair/replacement Trap: $50.
- Pipe Wrap-Hot Water or Steam Boiler Linear Foot $4.
- Domestic Hot Water Pipe Wrap Linear Foot $2.
- Hotel Guest Room Energy Management System (Gas Heat): $35.
- High-Efficiency Pool Heater Input MBH $1.50.
- Process Boiler Tune-Up: $400.
- Domestic Water Heater Tune-Up Boiler: $150.
- Water Heater Systems: $1000 - $1800.
|Eligible Recipient||Commercial, industrial and institutional natural gas customers of NV Energy can take advantage of of incentives for retrofit projects. Only customers in Northern Nevada (Reno-Sparks Service Territory) are eligible for natural gas rebates. Project savings must result in a permanent reduction of electrical energy usage (kWh), and extend for at least 5 years.|
|Eligible Fuel||Does Not Specify|
|Eligible Project Size (MW)||Does Not Specify|
|Minimum Efficiency Required (%)||Does Not Specify|
|Other Selected Eligibility Criteria||Project Requirements: |
Projects that are NOT eligible for an incentive include the following:
- Projects shall involve a capital improvement that results in a permanent reduction in electrical energy usage (kWh).
- Capital improvements must be owned, leased-to-own or on a minimum 5-year lease.
- Project savings shall result from the installation of equipment and be sustainable for a period of 5 years.
- Projects that are covered under the Sure Bet Prescriptive Incentive Program are NOT eligible for a Custom incentive for the same measure.
- Commercial (Retrofit) projects are eligible for incentives included under the Sure Bet Prescriptive Lighting, Cooling & Miscellaneous, Refrigeration, Commercial Kitchens and Custom Application.
- New construction and major renovation projects are eligible for incentives under the Sure Bet New Construction Application.
- Fuel switching (e.g. electric to gas).
- Changes in operational and/or maintenance practices or simple control modifications not involving capital costs.
- On-site electricity generation.
- Projects involving gas-driven equipment in place of electric equipment (such as a chiller).
- Projects that involve load-shifting (with no kWh savings).
- Measures installed with funding from or qualifying under another utility incentive program.
|Application Form(s)||Application Documents|
Top of page