Alternative and Clean Energy Program
|Date Last Updated||4/3/2014|
|Incentive Type||Grant; Loan|
|Incentive Administrator/Contact Office||Department of Community and Economic Development|
|Incentive Initiation Date||5/1/2009|
|Incentive Size and Funding Source||The Pennsylvania Alternative and Clean Energy program provides funding to project developers and equipment manufacturers to promote alternative and clean energy projects, as well as energy efficiency and energy conservation projects. Applicants must provide matching funds equivalent to the funding offered under the program. Three kinds of funding are available:|
- Manufacturers of alternative and/or clean energy generation equipment or components are eligible for a maximum loan of $40,000 for each new job projected to be created within 3 years of loan approval.
- Alternative energy production or clean energy projects are eligible for a maximum loan of $5 million or 50% of the total project cost, whichever is less.
- Manufacturers of alternative and/or clean energy generation equipment or components are eligible for a maximum grant of $10,000 for each job projected to be created by the business within 3 years of grant approval.
- Alternative energy production or clean energy projects are eligible for a maximum grant of $2 million or 30% of the total project cost, whichever is less.
- The Commonwealth Financing Authority may award loan guarantees in the form of grants to applicants that would serve as a guarantee for the financing of a project. These grants are capped at $5 million and have a term of no more than 5 years. In the event of a default, the grant would pay up to 75% of the deficiency.
|Eligible Recipient||A business, an economic development organization, or a political subdivision, includes municipalities, counties and school districts.|
|Eligible Fuel||Does Not Specify|
|Eligible Project Size (MW)||Does Not Specify|
|Minimum Efficiency Required (%)||Does Not Specify|
|Application Form(s)||Single Application for Assistance|
Top of page