2013 Community Involvement Training Conference
- REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
- JOIN US ONLINE! Limited on-line streaming for select sessions will be available. Registration for on-line streaming will launch in early June on this website.
- Interested in presenting a poster or a technology demonstration? Please visit the poster presentations & technology demonstrations page!
- Interested in presenting an exhibit? Please visit the exhibit page!
The Next Generation of Community Involvement
July 30 - August 1, 2013
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) 13th Community Involvement Training Conference will be held in Boston, Massachusetts July 30-August 1, 2013. The EPA Office of Water, EPA Region 1, and the EPA Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response are leading the planning efforts for this conference.
This dynamic training conference seeks to both inform and train EPA staff as well as Agency stakeholders and partners in best practices to enhance community involvement. In 2011, the training conference brought more than 450 community involvement practitioners together.
This three-day training conference features plenary sessions with guest speakers, topical discussions, multiple 90-minute information sessions, engaging three, four, and seven hour training sessions, and field trips demonstrating effective community involvement and cooperative conservation efforts in the Boston area. Additionally, there will be a Tuesday evening reception that will highlight a poster presentation and technology demonstration session to showcase excellent community involvement projects as well as new tools, technologies, and software. Throughout the training conference there will be exhibits, a variety of networking opportunities and evening activities to add value and fun to the experience.
Community involvement is a field that has changed significantly over the years and continues to evolve. As a result, this year's training conference theme "The Next Generation of Community Involvement" seeks to explore best practices and innovative solutions for community involvement.
What's Happening and When?
- January 15, 2013—Call for Proposals announcement issued
- February 27, 2013—Presentation proposals due
- Early April 2013—Lead presenters of submitted proposals notified of selection committee decisions
- May 2013—Invitation distributed by e-mail
- May 2013—Conference registration opens
- July 17, 2013—Registration closes
- July 30-August 1, 2013—Conference in Boston, MA
Ways to Participate in the 2013 EPA Community Involvement Training Conference
We welcome your participation in the 2013 EPA Community Involvement Training Conference in numerous ways, including:
- Attend the training conference. Registration is now open for IN PERSON registration! Registration for limited online streaming of select sessions will begin in early June on this website.
- Receive updates about the training conference. To receive e-mail updates please e-mail the training conference coordinator (email@example.com).
- Present a Poster, Demonstrate a Technology, or Display an Exhibit. Take advantage of these informal opportunities for sharing information about your community involvement projects, programs, and technologies. Please visit the poster presentations & technology demonstrations and exhibit sections of the website for more information.
- Help us plan an even better conference. Send us your thoughts on suggestions for the upcoming 2013 training conference.