Green Meeting Policy
- REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
- JOIN US ONLINE! Limited on-line streaming for select sessions will be available. Registration for on-line streaming will launch in early June on this website.
- Interested in presenting a poster or a technology demonstration? Please visit the poster presentations & technology demonstrations page!
- Interested in presenting an exhibit? Please visit the exhibit page!
EPA Green Meetings and Conferences Policy, May 1, 2007
The mission of the EPA is to protect human health and the environment. We expect that all Agency meetings and conferences will be staged using as many environmentally preferable measures as possible. Environmentally preferable means products or services that have a lesser or reduced effect on the environment when compared with competing products or services that serve the same purpose.
As in past years, we plan to help make the Community Involvement Training Conference more environmentally friendly. Some of the things we plan to do to reduce the environmental impact of the conference include:
- Reduce printed conference documents by distributing documents through email and this website and minimize handouts during the conference.
- Use only conference folders and necessary handouts printed on high post-consumer recycled content paper using vegetable-based ink.
- Hold our traditional "Tote-Bag Exchange" instead of procuring a new tote bag for conference participants. Plan to bring new or gently-used tote-bags to use for yourself or to trade.
- Encourage conference participants to use public transportation or share rides when traveling between the airport and the hotel. If just 100 people share rides to and from the airport, we'll reduce the conference's carbon footprint by more than 1,000 pounds!
- Work with the hotel to recycle newspapers, beverage containers, and other items.