Jump to main content.

How to File a Complaint

All complaints are processed and investigated by the Environmental Protection Agency' (EPA) Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Members of the public can file a complaint alleging discriminatory activity by a recipient of EPA assistance. OCR's External Compliance and Complaints program has the authority to investigate recipient businesses, organizations or institutions that have applied for EPA assistance or those that have received funding from the EPA. To file a complaint alleging discrimination in programs or activities of entities that receive federal assistance, please:

Mail Information to:
Director of the Office of Civil Rights
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Mail code 1201A
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20460

Email information to:

Or Fax:
(202) 565-0196
(202) 501-1836

Local Navigation

Jump to main content.