National Clean Diesel Campaign (NCDC)
DERA Construction Rebate Program
- DERA Grants
- DERA Rebates
- DERA State Funding
- DERA Projects
- Funding Sources
2013 Construction Equipment Rebate Program
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
The 2013 Construction Equipment Rebate Program provides incentives for eligible applicants to retrofit or to replace their nonroad construction equipment engines. For complete program information see:
- Construction Equipment Program Guide (PDF) (33 pp, 1.5MB, EPA-420-B-13-042a, January 2014)
- Rebate Application & Instructions (PDF) (3 pp, 500K, November, 2013)
- List of Priority Counties (PDF) (6 pp, 200K, November 2013)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (PDF) (6 pp, 550K, January 15, 2014)
- Rebate Information Webinar (PDF) (26 pp, 200K, December 9, 2013)
- Eligibility and Application Review Webinar(PDF) (18 pp, 200K, January 16, 2014)
Rebate funds have been reserved for the following selectees pending their successful completion of the 2013 Construction Equipment Rebate Program requirments.
|Buckley & Company, Inc.||PA|
|High Desert Underground||CA|
|Moore Excavation, Inc.||OR|
|Mount Construction Company, Inc.||NJ|
|Pacific Northern Environmental Corp.||WA|
All applications received by EPA prior to the January 29, 2014 deadline were assigned a unique identification number. Using this number, eligible applications were selected for funding through a random number generator and rebate funds were reserved for those selected.
EPA has notified all applicants who were selected of their status.
If a selected applicant fails to complete the rebate reimbursement requirements in Section 3.7 and/or 4.6) (33 pp, 1.5MB, EPA-420-B-13-042a, January 2014), they will forfeit all rebate funds reserved for them.
Selected applicants must complete the following steps to receive reimbursement:
- For the DPF (diesel particulate filter) option only - within 45 days of the date of the Selection Letter, the selectee must data log the proposed engine(s) with the DPF vendor and submit the results of the data logging to EPA.
- Within 90 days of the date of the Selection Letter, the selectee must submit a purchase order for each new DPF or new engine. The date of the purchase order cannot pre-date the date of the Selection Letter.
- Within 12 months of the date of the Selection Letter, the selectee must:
- Accept delivery and install all new DPFs or new engines.
- Scrap each old engine, if applicable, (see Section 4.5.2 of the Program Guide for details)
- Submit "Payment Request" form AND scrappage documentation, if applicable. (see Section 3.7 and/or Section 4.6 of the Program Guide for details)
- EPA will review the submitted information and determine if all terms and conditions have been met. Once that determination has been made, EPA will electronically issue the rebate funds to the selectee.
Selectees who fail to complete the required terms and conditions of the program in the time frame above will forfeit all rebate funds reserved for them.
For questions about the Construction Equipment Rebate Program, email CleanDieselRebate@epa.gov and type "Construction Rebate Program Question" in the subject line.