Think Like a Scientist
Uncover the cause of today's global climate change.
Did you know that thousands of measurements of the Earth's air, water, and land are taken every day? These measurements come from weather stations, airplanes, ships, satellites, and many other sources all around the globe. Taken all together, these measurements and other observations tell us that the Earth's climate is warming, people are the main cause, and impacts on society and the environment are already happening.
- Examine the clues of climate change.
- Learn about greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
- Find out how we know that today's climate change is caused by people putting greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
- See how scientists put together the climate change puzzle.
- Learn how you can help scientists study the effects of climate change.
A Scientist's Toolbox
Check out this slide show to learn more about the many tools scientists use to study the Earth's climate.