Post-inspection Compliance Assistance:
Construction Sector: Stormwater
After an inspection, you may have questions about environmental requirements and what to do next. EPA developed this Web page to answer these questions and provide information to help you avoid future violations.
Information that addresses the most commonly found stormwater problems at construction sites can be accessed from this page. The information on this page can help you, whether or not an EPA inspector noticed deficiencies during a recent inspection.
1) The following information can help you determine how to respond to deficiencies that are commonly found at construction sites. The information provided below can also help you maintain good operating practices and compliance:
- How to get a stormwater permit
- What your state requirements are
- How to develop a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
- Construction Industry Compliance Assistance Center's Best Management Practices
- Construction Industry Compliance Assistance Center - A comprehensive compliance assistance resource for the construction industry
2) Do you want to learn more about additional requirements and other resources?
- Get information about additional requirements and other resources
3) Do you have questions on what comes next after the inspection?
- Read a summary of EPA's general enforcement process used when EPA determines that stormwater violations exist at your construction site.
Construction Stormwater Compliance Topics
EPA Regional Stormwater Resources
- Region 1(CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT)
- Region 2 (NJ, NY, PR, VI)
- Region 3 (DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, WV)
- Region 4 (AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN)
- Region 5 (IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI)
- Region 6 (AR, LA, NM, OK, TX)
- Region 7 (IA, KS, MO, NE)
- Region 8 (CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WY)
- Region 9 (AS,AZ, CA, GU,HI, NV, MP)
- Region 10 (AK, ID, OR, WA)
EPA Stormwater Contacts