Overview of NEPA Process for Grant Applicants:
After you complete the Overview of NEPA Process for Grant Applicants module, you should be able to:
- Describe the National Environmental Policy Act.
- Explain why NEPA applies to Special Appropriations Act Project grants.
- Define the three levels of environmental analysis: Categorical Exclusion, Environmental Assessment, and Environmental Impact Statement.
- Describe the Environmental Information Document.
- Explain how grant applicants work with cross-cutter agencies and other outside agencies.
- Identify the steps of the NEPA environmental review process.