Partnering ORD researchers with Regional modelers to discuss the use of environmental models in the Regions to inform decision making.
The objectives for this seminar series are to:
- Link the modeling community across EPA; and
- Facilitate discussions in the regions on topics covered in CREM’s Guidance Document on the Development, Evaluation and Application of Environmental Models (PDF), March 2009. (99 pp, 1.67 KB, about PDF)
This is a follow up action item to the recent 45-day study on "Science in Regional Decision Making" and the February 7, 2003 memo (PDF) (2 pp, 87 KB, about PDF) from the former EPA Administrator Christie Whitman calling for a series of Regional workshops. Please see attached memo (PDF) (2 pp, 186 KB, about PDF) from Paul Gilman, former EPA Science Advisor and Ron Kreizenbeck, Deputy Regional Administrator, for more information.
To suggest topics for the Regional Seminars series, please call or e-mail Gabriel Olchin (202-564-3312 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Participants both internal and external to EPA are welcome.
- Region 2 - Evaluating Fish Consumption Guidelines: A Qualitative and Quantitative Project Description, April 15, 2008
- Region 1 - New England Regional Modeling for Predicting Nutrient Levels in Streams and Mercury Levels in Wildlife
- Region 5 - Models and Tools Applied in Region 5 Supporting Integrated Watershed and Water Quality Management - Oct 2006
- Region 8 - Metals Fate and Transport Modeling for Contaminated Sites and Mercury TMDLs - May 2005
- Region 5 - Landscape Analysis for Decision Making - Sep 2004
- Region 3 - Lessons Learned from Chesapeake Bay Eutrophication and Ecosystem Modeling - Jun 2004
- Region 2 - Empirical Load-Response Models Related to Eutrophication - Mar 2004
- Region 4 - TMDL Application and Support for Clean Sediments/Nutrients - Jan 2004
- Region 10 - TMDL Temperature Modeling - Nov 2003