CROMERR 101: Fundamentals for States, Tribes, and Local Governments
What is CROMERR?
CROMERR provides the legal framework for electronic reporting from regulated entities to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and to states, tribes, and local governments that are authorized to administer EPA programs.
The intent of CROMERR is to maintain the level of corporate and individual responsibility and accountability that exists in the paper environment when reporting is done electronically. CROMERR supports many of the benefits of electronic reporting, including:
- Allowing government agencies and regulated entities to interact electronically
- Fostering more rapid and accurate environmental reporting and posting of compliance information
- Simplifying facility reporting processes
- Making data more readily available
- Maintaining consistency with emerging industry practices