EPA Smart Growth Grants and Other Funding
- Request for Grant Proposals (RFP) - Announcements
- More Information About EPA Smart Growth Grants
- Other Funding Resources
The Office of Sustainable Communities sometimes offers grants to support activities that improve the quality of development and protect human health and the environment. When these grants are offered, they will always be announced on this Web page and on www.grants.gov.
If you see a grant for which you wish to apply:
- Read the Request for Proposals (RFP) carefully to determine what activities or projects are eligible.
- If you are not familiar with the EPA's smart growth program, review our Web pages to learn about what we do.
- Submit your proposal according to the instructions in the RFP.
- You can set up an email alert on www.grants.gov to be notified automatically when a grant featuring a search term, such as "smart growth," is posted.
- Check EPA's main grants page for helpful tips on writing a grant proposal and policies and regulations covering grants.
- We accept grant proposals only for open solicitations.
Request for Grant Proposals (RFP) - Announcements
There are no new grant announcements at this time.
More Information About EPA Smart Growth Grants
Announcements of Awarded Smart Growth Grants
Technical Assistance Programs for Sustainable Communities
On August 30, 2011, EPA awarded cooperative agreements to the Cascade Land Conservancy (now named Forterra), Global Green USA, Project for Public Spaces, and Smart Growth America to deliver technical assistance to local and tribal governments facing land use and development challenges. Each awardee is offering its own set of tools to help communities explore changes in local policies and development regulations that can lead to better environmental, public health, and economic results. Each awardee conducts its own competitive selection process and works with a variety of partners to deliver programs. Funding is determined on an annual basis depending on EPA budget priorities and funding availability.
These awards were made in response to a competitive request for proposals titled "Technical Assistance Programs for Sustainable Communities" (EPA-OP-OSC-11-01). Submissions for that RFP were due March 31, 2011.
No grants have been recently awarded.
- Grants Awarded in 2011
- Grants Awarded in 2009
- Grants Awarded in 2008
- Grants Awarded in 2007
- Grants Awarded in 2005
- Grants Awarded in 2004
- Children's Health Grants Awarded in 2004
- Grants Awarded in 2003
- Grants Awarded in 2002
EPA has compiled lists of other funding resources for tribal, state, and local governments; communities; and non-governmental organizations that are seeking funding to address various aspects of smart growth.