Developer Central Links
My Right to Know (MyRTK)
EPA Data Used:
- Toxics Release Inventory (TRI)
- Facility Registry System (FRS)
- Enforcement & Compliance History Online (ECHO)
MyRTK is an EPA Web application designed for mobile devices. For any location or address, MyRTK maps nearby facilities that report to the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI), as well as large permit holders in EPA's Air, Water, or Hazardous Waste programs that are expected to produce, manage, or release TRI-reportable chemicals.
This application compares toxic chemical releases from individual facilities to releases from other facilities in the same county, as well as to releases from other facilities in the same industry sector. MyRTK also identifies the most serious facility non-compliance across the twelve most recent quarters of data for the three main United States environmental statutes: the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
In addition to helping mobile users locate and identify nearby facilities, MyRTK helps answer such questions as:
- What toxic chemicals are released to the air, water and land?
- What health effects are associated with the chemicals released?
- What is the facility's history of compliance with United States environmental laws?
MyRTK is compatible with most Web-enabled mobile phone browsers and most desktop browsers. To access the application, go to http://myrtk.epa.gov/info/ on a mobile or desktop device. The "Information" tab within the application has more details about using MyRTK.