EPA's Region 6 Office
Serving: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and 66 Tribal Nations
Region 6 Water Enforcement is responsible for reviewing compliance by Industrial Facilities (including construction sites) with the storm water regulations and the NPDES permitting program.
Construction General Permit
- General Permit for Storm Water Discharge from Construction Activity.
- Office of Water Resource Center (202)566-1729 .
EPA Region 6 has issued our first small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System general permit and it covers discharges in New Mexico and Indian Country lands in New Mexico and Oklahoma.
- Arkansas has assumed the NPDES program.
- Louisiana has assumed the NPDES program
- New Mexico has not assumed the NPDES storm water program and EPA directly implements the NPDES program in New Mexico. However, New Mexico does have staff that handle storm water related issues for the State.
- Oklahoma has assumed the NPDES program
- Texas has assumed the NPDES program