EPA's Region 6 Office
Serving: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and 66 Tribal Nations
Please visit About PDF Files for more information and/or to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) (PDF) (2 pp, 15 KB, About PDF)
- Designation of Sole Source Aquifers Fact Sheet
General description of the Sole Source Aquifer Program and the process of designating a Sole Source Aquifer.
- The Effects of Sole Source Designation
Explains how the program functions to protect the aquifer in a Sole Source Aquifer
- Sole Source Aquifer Designation and Citations
Federal Register Citations for Sole Source Aquifers in Region 6
- Petitioners Guide (Provided by EPA Region 2)
For those interested in submitting a petition for designation, EPA has published the Sole Source Aquifer Designation Petitioner Guidance. This document describes the process for preparing and submitting a petition to the EPA Regional Administrator.
- Sole Source Aquifer presentation from RTOC Meeting in Dallas, TX, March 13, 2008 (PDF) (977KB, 11 pages, PDF)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Ground Water/UIC Section (6WQ-SG)
1445 Ross Avenue
Dallas, Texas 75202
Phone: (214) 665-7133
Fax: (214) 665-2191