This page provides lists ongoing and past Earth Day photo projects:
- State of the Environment Photo Project
- Environment In A Day - take a photo on Earth Day April 22 and share it to this project!
- "Locations" - State of the Environment Photo Project
- Pick 5 for the Environment in Photos
- Where in the world is the OSV Bold?
- Earth Day 2009 Photo Project (closed)
- Earth Day 2008 Photo Contest (closed)
State of the Environment Photo Project
We invite you to help us capture images of the state of the environment as you see it. Based on Documerica, a 1970s project of the same idea, we want to see how you see the environment today - where we've come from and where we need to go.
Photos selected from those submitted might also be used in a display by EPA and the National Archives for Earth Day 2012.
- Read more and learn how you can submit photos
- View the original Documerica project archive
- See below - the "Locations" challenge
"Earth in a Day" Photo Project
What will this global moment on 4.22.12 look like? Take a photo any time during the twenty-four hour period of April 22 where you are. Take your best shot of our environment how you see it (good, bad, landscapes, city-scapes, humans, wildlife, wild-humans), then share through Flickr.
"Locations" State of the Environment Photo Project
In the 1970s, EPA's Documerica project captured thousands of compelling images of the American environment. As a part of the State of the Environment photo project, we invite you to photograph the "after" - starting from some Documerica "before" locations.
- Find out the current "location" challenge and grab your camera to show that environment as you see it today!
Where In The World Is The OSV Bold?
It’s not every day you might catch a glimpse of a big green and blue ship equipped to study the health of our coastal ecosystems. Lucky enough to get onboard? Whether you saw it from afar or got to meet the crew, you can share your photos here.
Earth Day 2009 Photo Project (closed)
Earth Day Photo Contest 2008 Winners (closed)
- Enjoying the Environment, and the winner
- Protecting the Environment, and the winner
- Nature and Wildlife, and the winner
- More about the 2008 winners