Downloading, Installing, and Running CAMEOfm
CAMEO Quick Links
Download CAMEOfm version 2.4
Important note for current CAMEOfm users:
Installing a new version of
overwrite the data in your current version of CAMEOfm. To ensure
that your data is successfully transferred to the new
version, download and read the instructions
updating to CAMEOfm
2.4 from a previous version.
Download the Program Components
Since CAMEOfm 2.0,
the traditional CAMEO functionality has been split into two
programs that need to be downloaded and installed
- CAMEOfm is a database application where you can keep track of information (such as chemical inventories and contact information for facilities in your community) to assist in emergency response and planning.
- CAMEO Chemicals has an extensive chemical database with critical response information for thousands of chemicals, and a tool that tells you what reactions might occur if chemicals were mixed together. (The downloadable version can share information with other CAMEO suite programs; an online version and a mobile site version are also available.)
Download CAMEOfm for the Macintosh
(Version 2.4, November 2012, 44MB DMG); see
instructions for latest Mac OS X versions
Download CAMEO Chemicals for the Macintosh (Version 2.4, March 2013, from the NOAA website )
Note: The installed programs include extensive on-screen help systems (rather than spearate manuals).
System Requirements: The Windows version
requires Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Windows Vista (Service
Pack 2), or Windows 7. (We have performed some limited
testing on Windows 8, and there are no known issues at this
time.) The Macintosh version requires Leopard (v.
10.5.7 or later), Snow Leopard (10.6.x), Lion (10.7.x), or
Mountain Lion (10.8.x).
you're installing CAMEOfm
on a Mac with an operating system version 10.7.5 or higher
(that is, newer versions of Lion and all versions of
Mountain Lion), make sure to review the installation
instructions for latest Mac OS X versions. This
document provides guidance on installing CAMEOfm on Macs with
Existing CAMEOfm users:
Installing a new version of CAMEOfm will overwrite your data. To ensure that your data is successfully transferred to the new version, download and read the instructions for updating to CAMEOfm 2.4 from a previous version.
New CAMEOfm users:
Windows users: Once you have downloaded the installation program, double-click on the CAMEO application file, then follow the directions on your screen.
Once you have downloaded the installation DMG file, the
installation folder should open automatically. (If it
doesn't open automatically, browse to the DMG file and
open it.) Follow the directions on your screen.
Windows users: Open the Start menu, point to Programs, and then click on CAMEO.
Macintosh users: Double-click on the CAMEO program icon inside the "CAMEO Folder" (which is inside the Applications folder or wherever you installed it).
You can report software bugs or obtain additional assistance by emailing RMPRC@epacdx.net, or by calling the CAMEO help desk at (703) 227-7650 on weekdays from 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Eastern Time.
What's New in CAMEOfm Version 2.4?
- Added KML export to Special Locations and Resources modules (in addition to Facilities module)
- Added lat/long help link to Edit mode for Facilities, Incidents, Special Locations, and Resources modules
- Added additional fields (such as latitude and longitude)
to the advanced search
- Updated to allow import of Tier2 Submit 2012 files
- Updated state-specific fields
- Fixed minor bugs