Office of Strategic Environmental Management
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
Below is an alphabetical list of EPA's innovative national programs related to providing the public with information information about environmental activities.
- AirNow - Information on air
pollution and how to reduce it. Includes links to ozone maps, air quality
forecasts by state, tips on what you can do to reduce air pollution,
publications, and health facts.
- Consumer Labeling - Promotes easier-to-read labels on household cleaners and pesticides to improve consumer safety.
- EPA Draft Report on the Environment - The first ever national picture of the U.S. environment describes what EPA knows - and doesn't know - about the current state of the environment at the national level, and how the environment is changing.
- Envirofacts Warehouse - To
provide the public with direct access to the wealth of information contained
in its databases. Use Enviromapper to zoom-in on a specific city, county,
state, ZIP code, watershed, or EPA region.
- Public Involvement
- Mechanisms and tools designed to increase the public's role in environmental
decision-making and to make their involvement more meaningful.
- Surf Your Watershed - A service to help visitors locate, use, and share environmental information about a state and watershed.