- Update V Federal Register Notice (PDF) (9 pp, 219 K)
- For Update V methods visit regulations.gov at docket number EPA-HQ-RCRA-2012-0072 (new link to be added by You)
- SW-846 On-Line
- Waste Sampling Draft Technical Guidance
- Test Methods Frequent Questions
- SW-846 Federal Register Notices (New & Older Methods)
- Methods Innovation Rule (MIR)
This Web site provides resources relating to "Test Methods for Evaluating Solid Waste, Physical/Chemical Methods", also known as SW-846. This site contains updates about SW-846 and information about the development and approval process of SW-846 methods.
In support of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) program, EPA employs analytical chemistry and characteristic testing methodologies, environmental sampling and monitoring, and quality assurance.
- SW-846: EPA Waste's official compendium of analytical and sampling methods that have been evaluated and approved for use in complying with RCRA regulations.
- MICE Service: Answers method-related questions and takes comments on technical issues regarding SW-846 methods.
- The Performance-Based Measurement System (PBMS): Aids in selecting the most effective test method.
- The Implementation of the Performance Approach: The adoption of the Performance Based Measurement System (PBMS) to reduce the cost of monitoring, stimulate the development and use of new, more cost-effective monitoring technologies.
- National Environmental Monitoring Conference (NEMC): The annual conference for RCRA environmental monitoring and waste characterization.
- Methods Development and Approval Process: How to publish a method in SW-846.
- Resources: a number of key publications, links, and answers to frequent questions.