LDR Phase IV: Treatment Standards Proposed for Wood Preserving Wastes, Paperwork Reduction and Streamlining, Exemptions from RCRA for Certain Processed Materials and Miscellaneous Waste Provisions, Supplemental, Supporting and Background Documents, Final Rule, April 1997
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Topics on this page include:
- Regulatory Impact Analysis
- Economic Impact Assessment
- Best Demonstrated Available Technology
- Public Comment Response Document
- Capacity Analysis
Regulatory Impact Analysis of the Final Phase IV LDRs Final Rule for Newly Identified Wood PreservingThis file contains the regulatory impact analysis (RIA) for newly identified wood preserving listed hazardous wastes in the Phase IV Land Disposal Restrictions Final Rule. The RIA provides the reader with information regarding the costs, economic impacts and benefits for the newly listed wood preserving hazardous wastes, F032, F034 and F035 resulting from treatment standards promulgated under the Phase IV Final Rule.
- Regulatory Impact Analysis (PDF) (29 pp, 103K)
Economic Impact Assessment of the Phase IV LDRs Final Rule on Newly Identified Wood Preserving Hazardous Wastes Contaminated Media at Inactive and Abandoned Wood Preserving SitesThis file contains the economic impact analysis for newly identified wood preserving listed hazardous wastes in the Phase IV Land Disposal Restriction Final Rule. It provides the reader with information regarding the costs, economic impacts and benefits for the newly listed wood preserving hazardous wastes, F032, F034 and F035 resulting from treatment standards promulgated under the Phase IV Final Rule.
Best Demonstrated Available Technology (BDAT) Background Document for Wood Preserving Wastes - F032, F034, and F035This report is the final BDAT background document for F032, F034, and F035 (wood preserving hazardous wastes) that supports the establishment of Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR) treatment standards for constituents in these hazardous wastes. This report is a revised version of the document appearing in the proposed rule docket. Revisions address public comments and present EPA's rationale for promulgation of an alternative treatment standard of CMBST for F032 wastes. In addition, new appendices developed to accompany the final background document include Appendix K (Summary of Newly Submitted and Proposed Rule Data for Wood Preserving Raw Materials and Wastewater and Nonwastewater Forms of F032, F034, and F035), Appendix L (Documents Supporting EPA's Promulgation of CMBST Alternative Treatment Standard for F032), and Appendix M (Expanded List of References Evaluated for Wood Preserving Wastes).
- Best Demonstrated Available Technology (PDF) (179 pp, 625K)
- Best Demonstrated Available Technology Appendix (PDF) (153 pp, 639K)
Public Comment Response Document for LDRs, Phase IV Treatment Standards for Wood Preserving Wastes, Paperwork Reduction and Streamlining, Exemptions from RCRA for Certain Processed Materials, and Miscellaneous Hazardous Waste Provisions; Final RuleThis document contains responses to public comments on issues addressed in today's final rulemaking, "Land Disposal Restrictions-- Phase IV: Treatment Standards for Wood Preserving Wastes, Paperwork Reduction and Streamlining, Exemptions from RCRA for Certain Processed Materials, and Miscellaneous Hazardous Waste Provisions". The issues are described in the documents below:
- Response to Comments (PDF) (48 pp, 43K)
- AMEN (PDF) (36 pp, 108K) Constituents resistant to biological degradation managed in
- CLNP (PDF) (189 pp, 354K) Changes to the current Part 268 regulatory language
- EQUV (PDF) (581 pp, 1.4MB) Options for addressing the risks due to cross-media releases
in surface impoundments that manage decharacterized wastes
- F039 (PDF) (11 pp, 24K) Addition of UTS constituents to the list of F039 regulated constituents
- MISC (PDF) (32 pp, 56K) Comments on issues that do not correspond to one of the major
- POG (PDF) (81 pp, 147K) Testing for UHC levels at the "point of generation"
- POLM (PDF) (45 pp, 81K) Polymerization for high-TOC D001 wastes from the manufacture
- SCRP (PDF) (107 pp, 209K) Amend the definition of solid waste to exclude processed scrap
metal and containerized shredded circuit boards that are being recycled
- WOOD1 to WOOD12: Issues related to standards for wood preserving wastes
F032, F034, and F035
- RIA - Regulatory Impact Analysis Comments (PDF) (8 pp, 26K)
Capacity Analysis Background Document for LDRs - Wood Preserving Wastes (Final Rule): Capacity Analysis and Response to Capacity Related CommentsThe section presents the capacity analysis that EPA conducted to support the Phase IV Land disposal Restrictions (LDRs) rulemaking on newly listed wastes from wood preserving industry. EPA conducts capacity analyses to determine the effective dates to the LDR treatment standards and evaluate the need for national capacity variances from the land disposal prohibitions. The capacity analysis provides estimates of the quantities of wastes requiring alternative commercial treatment as a result of the LDRs and estimates alternative commercial treatment capacity available to manage the restricted wastes. The document includes data sources and the methodology used for the capacity analysis, and appendices detailing the data and information used for the capacity analysis.
- Chapters 1-3, including Contents (PDF) (34 pp, 133K)
- Chapter 4, Part 1 (PDF) (54 pp, 1.4MB)
- Chapter 4, Part 2 (PDF) (51 pp, 1.4MB)
- Appendix A (PDF) (4 pp, 165K)
- Appendix B (PDF) (6 pp, 351K)
- Appendix C, Part 1 (PDF) (21 pp, 514K)
- Appendix C, Part 2 (PDF) (23 pp, 1.2MBK)
- Appendix D (PDF) (5 pp, 149K)
- Appendix E (PDF) (6 pp, 25K)
- Appendix F (PDF) (8 pp, 19K)
- Appendix G (PDF) (9 pp, 943K)
- Appendix H (PDF) (18 pp, 70K)