Phone (919)-541-4119 Fax (919)-541-4329
- Geography (M.A.), University of California at Santa Barbara
- Geography (B.A.), University of California at Santa Barbara
- Using GIS to develop innovative approaches to 1) assess ecosystem condition and how land cover patterns affect condition 2) evaluate impacts of changes in land cover amount and pattern on ecosystem health, and 3) determine recovery potential of impaired systems.
- Recovery potential of impaired waters (303d) in Illinois and Maryland (Team Member)
- Quantifying urban pattern at multiple scales as a conservation
prioritzation tool (Lead)
- Impacts of land cover change on flooding potential (Team Member)
- Landscape metric development for the Heinz Center 2007 "State of the Nation's Ecosystems" report (Team Member)
- Regional Vulnerability Assessment (ReVA; Team Member)
- Development of the Analytical Tools Interface for Landscape
Assessments (ATtILA) Geographic Information Systems extension (Team
- Western EMAP (Team Member)
- Consequences of Landscape Change in the Mid-Atlantic (Team Member)
WICKHAM, J. D., T. G. WADE, AND K. H. Riitters. An Environmental Assessment of United States Drinking Water Watersheds. LANDSCAPE ECOLOGY. Springer, New York, NY, 7(1):605-616, (2011). Published 5/2/11.
Stepman, S. V., J. D. WICKHAM, L. Fattorini, T. G. WADE, F. Baffetta, AND J. H. Smith. Estimating Accuracy of Land-Cover Composition From Two-Stage Clustering Sampling. REMOTE SENSING OF ENVIRONMENT. Elsevier Science Ltd, New York, NY, 113(12):1236-1249, (2010). PUBLISHED 02/01/2010.
Riiters, K. H., J. D. WICKHAM, AND T. G. WADE. Evaluating Anthropogenic Risk of Grassland and Forest Habitat Degradation Using Land-Cover Data. Landscape Online. International Association for Landscape Ecology, Chapter Germany, Bonn, Germany, 13:1-14, (2010). PUBLISHED 02/01/2010.
Norton, D. J., J. D. Wickham, T. G. WADE, K. Kunert, J. V. Thomas, and P. Zeph. A Method for Comparative Analysis of Recovery Potential in Impaired Waters Restoration Planning . JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT. Elsevier Science Ltd, New York, NY, 44:356-368, (2009). Published 05/15/2009.
Stephman, S., J. D. Wickham, T. G. Wade, and J. Smith. Designing a Multi-Objective Multi-Support Accuracy Assessment of the 2001 National Land Cover Data (NLCD 2001) of the Conterminous United States. Photogrammetric Engineering and RemoteSensing. American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Bethesda, MD, 74(12):1561-1571, (2008). Published 12/01/2008.
Wickham, J.D., Riitters, K.H., Wade, T.G., Coulston, J.W. 2007 Temporal change in forest fragmentation at multiple scales. Landscape Ecology 22(4):481-489.
Wickham, J.D., Riitters, K.H., Wade, T.G., Coan, M. and Homer, C. 2007. The effect of Appalachian mountaintop mining on interior forest. Landscape Ecology 22(2):179-187.
Mehaffey, M.H., Nash, M.S.,Wade, T.G.,Ebert, D.W.,Jones, K.B. and Rager, A. 2005. Linking Land Cover and Water Quality in New York City Water Supply Watersheds. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 107: 29-44.
Wade, T. G., K. H. Riitters, J. D. Wickham, and K. B. Jones. 2003. Distribution and causes of global forest fragmentation. Conservation Ecology 7(2): 7. [online] URL: http://www.consecol.org/vol7/iss2/art7
Wade, T.G., Wickham, J.D., Nash, M.S., Neale, A.C., Riitters, K.H., and Jones, K.B. 2003.
A comparison of vector and raster GIS methods for calculating landscape metrics used in
environmental assessments. Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote
Sensing, 69(12): 1399-1405.