Areas of Focus
To achieve its goals, the Forum on Environmental Measurements (FEM) will support and enhance existing activities by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA or the Agency) Program and Regional Offices. Consensus building discussions of the FEM may result in policies approved by the Science and Technology Policy Council (STPC) that Agency offices can then incorporate into their method and measurement activities. The Agency’s offices will be assisted by the FEM in establishing procedures and policies that provide consistent, yet flexible, measurement tools to support environmental decision-making, in particular as they relate to methods and policies with implications across the Agency.
The major areas, under which the FEM operates as approved by the STPC, are listed below. Each link will provide a description of the work and all final products that have been approved by the FEM and STPC for Agency use.
- Improving the Quality of Agency Methods
- Implementation of the Performance Approach
- Method Detection/Quantitation and Calibration
- General Laboratory Competency for the Agency
- National Environmental Accreditation
- National Environmental Monitoring Conference (NEMC)
- Environmental Technology for Monitoring