SEDD Specification 5.0 (Draft) Resources
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
This version of the SEDD Specification should be used for the current implementation of SEDD by EPA Response Action Contractor (RAC) contracts, EPA Superfund Technical Assessment and Response Team (START) contracts and the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). USACE's Automated Data Review (ADR) software now accepts SEDD files.
This page contains the following information for users of the SEDD Specification Version 5.0 (Draft):
- Download the SEDD Specification Version 5.0 (Draft)
- Additional Documents and Resources
- Tools for Creating and Checking SEDD Files
- Additional SEDD Tools
- For More Information
Download the SEDD Specification Version 5.0 (Draft)
The SEDD Specification (PDF) (52 pp, 522K)
SEDD Valid Values - SEDD valid values for the Version 5.0 (Draft) are the same as the valid values for the Version 5.1 (Draft), with some exceptions. You will need to download both of the files below to obtain the complete listing of Version 5.0 (Draft) valid values.
Additional Documents and Resources
Instructions and Example Files for Stage 1*:
- VOA SW846 (ZIP) (16K)
Instructions and Example Files for Stages 2a, 2b, and 3*:
*Note: XML files and their associated DTDs must be located in the same directory for viewing in most programs.
Tools for Creating and Checking SEDD Files
The following tools are available for creating and checking SEDD files:
- The SEDD Generator Tool allows laboratories to create SEDD XML deliverables from their Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) or other databases. For more information, visit the SEDD Tools Web site.
- The SEDD Stage 2A Checker - This tool checks SEDD Stage 2a files for compliance with the Draft 5.0 Document Type Definition (DTD) GENERAL_2a_1.dtd.
- Automated Data Review (ADR) software, originally developed for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), reviews SEDD files for compliance with project-specific analytical requirements. Please read the SEDD/ADR Project Implementation Overview (PDF) (5 pp, 59K) document for further details.
- The SEDD Parser Tool - This tool allow SEDD Version 5.0 files to be input into the ADR software (for versions prior to ADR 8.1).
Additional SEDD Tools
- Forms Generator Tool - This tool instantly generates formatted electronic form reports using the Staged Electronic Data Deliverable (SEDD) XML file, Specification 5.1. Users may generate CLP forms as well as a generic form that can be used across programs.
For More Information