Gulf Ecology Division
Directions to the Gulf Ecology Division
From Interstate 10
- Exit on 110 South and follow Route 98 East and the signs to Pensacola Beach. Proceed to Pensacola Bay Bridge.
- See below for directions from the Pensacola Bay Bridge to Sabine Island.
From the Pensacola Airport (PNS), time 25-30 minutes:
- Exit the airport and turn left onto 12th avenue.
- Travel approximately two blocks to Bayou blvd (second light).
- Turn right onto Bayou Blvd. (becomes Brent Lane) and travel approximately 1.5 miles to the I-110 South entrance ramp on the left.
- Continue on I-110 to its end on Chase St. (Exit 1-C).
- Remain on Chase St. (left lane) to the end at Bayfront Pkwy.
- Turn left on Bayfront Pkwy. and follow it onto the Pensacola Bay Bridge.
- Drive through the town of Gulf Breeze. Get into the right lane as you pass the school and the overhead walkway.
- Before you arrive at an overpass, you will see a sign for Pensacola Beach. Bear to the right before the overpass.
- Proceed over the 1-mile Bridge to Pensacola Beach. Have one dollar ready to pay the toll.
- Just before the first stop light, turn right onto Fort Pickens road.
- Continue for 1.2 miles to the Villa Sabine subdivision (on right). Turn right at Villa Sabine and continue for 0.6 of a mile.
- Turn left at the EPA sign on the corner of Sabine Drive and Narvaez.
- Proceed over the causeway to Sabine Island.
- Stop and register at the Guard facility.
From the Mobile Airport (MOB), time ~1.5 hours:
- From the airport exit, turn right on Airport Blvd. to I-65 South.
- Take I-65 South to I-10 East.
- Follow I-10 to Florida exit 12 to I-110 South, then as above.
From the Ft. Walton Beach Airport (VPS), time ~1.25 hours:
- Head east through the airport exit.
- Turn left at SR-85-S.
- Turn right at Lewis Turner Blvd.
- Continue on N. Beal Pkwy.
- Turn right at Mary Esther Blvd/Mary Esther Cut-Off NW. Continue to follow Mary Esther Blvd.
- Turn right at E. Miracle Strip Pkwy/US-98 W. Continue on US 98 31 miles to Pensacola Beach/Gulf Islands National Seashore/Ft. Pickens exit (ramp on right).
- Continue across toll bridge as above.
The guards will guide you to the visitor parking area. From there, follow the signs to the reception office in the main Administration Building (Bldg. 65).