Gulf Ecology Division
- Ph.D., Washington State University, Pullman, WA; Pharmacology/Toxicology, 1986
- M.S., University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN; Fisheries Science, 1982
- B.S.; Oregon State University, Corvalis, OR; Fisheries Science, 1980
- Branch Chief, Biological Effects and Population Response Branch
- 1999 - 2003: Independent Consultant and Owner, P.E.A.K. Research, Longmont, CO
- 1994 - 1999: Senior Scientist, Halgler Baily/Stratus, Global Environmental Practice, Boulder, CO
- 1990 - 1994: Director, Aquatic Toxicology Laboratory, Environmental Science & Engineering, Gainesville, FL
- 1987 - 1990: Project Leader and Senior Research Toxicologist, Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry Research Laboratory, The Dow Chemical Company, Midland, MI
- 1986 - 1987: Post-Doctoral Associate, Medicinal Chemistry, University of Florida, St. Augustine, FL
- Ecological risk assessment
- Bioaccumulation, photo enhanced toxicity, petroleum and PAH ecotoxicology
- Improved ecotoxicity prediction models - This project is developing mode of action-based quantitative structure activity models (QSAR) and improving methods for in silico species toxicity extrapolation and species sensitivity distributions (SSDs).
- Stressor-response models for reef building corals- This project is determining thresholds and dose-response of stressors on laboratory corals, and is developing methods for assessing effects on reproduction and recruitment of corals.