Gulf Ecology Division
- Ph.D. College of William and Mary, Virginia Institute of Marine Science; Marine Science, 2000
- Chief, Ecosystem Assessment Branch
- 2009 - 2010: Senior Fish and Wildlife Biologist for Everglades Restoration, US Fish & Wildlife Service, Vero Breeze, FL
- 2002 - 2009: Senior Ecologist, A.R.M. Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge, Boynton Beach, FL
- 2000 - 2002: Post-Doctoral Fellow, South Florida Water Management District, West Palm Beach, FL
- Ecosystem assessment
- Integration and communication of science for decision makers
- Adaptive management and ecosystem restoration
- Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Community Sustainability - This project will develop a dataset and tools to inform coastal GOM communities about the sustainability of their decisions. It will also provide updated, accurate, and user friendly guidance on sustainability to end-user groups, including the general public, resource managers, and community and regional planners.
- Ecosystem Services and Human Well-Being - This project characterizes the linkages between ecosystem service provision and the constituents of human well-being for ecosystems and geographic regions. Current work is focusing on transferability of a human well-being index by application to various spatial scales (e.g., the Tampa Bay Project area), populations (e.g., tribal communities) and over time (e.g., an inter-generational equity index). The suite of human well-being indices developed and their associated indicators will be included in the ORD Sustainability Indicators Inventory and the National Atlas of Sustainability.