Gulf Ecology Division
- Ph.D., College of William & Mary, Virginia Institute of Marine Science, Gloucester Point, VA; Marine Science, 2004
- M.S., College of William & Mary, Virginia Institute of Marine Science, Gloucester Point, VA; Marine Science, 1996
- B.S., Mary Washington College, Fredericksburg, VA; Biology, 1991
- Research Ecologist
- 2005-2008: Postdoctoral Research Associate, EPA Gulf Ecology Division, Gulf Breeze, FL
- 2003-2005: Regional Planner, Middle Peninsula Planning District Commission, Saluda, VA
- Estuarine and wetlands ecology
- As part of a larger effort started by EPA's Ecosystem Services Research Program, I am working on the Tampa Bay Ecosystem Services Demonstration Project. We are developing a web-based tool to allow exploration of the impacts of alternative futures on ecosystem services provided by the Tampa Bay watershed.
- Technical Support for National Aquatic Resource Surveys - We are providing technical support to Office of Water for the National Wetlands Condition Assessment (NWCA) by testing and validating methods to assess water quality and ecological condition of wetland habitats.