Gulf Ecology Division
- Ph.D., University of Maryland at College Park, College Park, MD; Marine Ecology, 2001
- M.S., University of Maryland at College Park, College Park, MD; Marine Ecology, 1996
- B.S., Duke University, Durham, NC; Biology, 1991
- Supervisory Ecologist
- 2004-2011: Research Ecologist, Gulf Ecology Division, Gulf Breeze, FL
- 2002-2004 : Post-doctoral Researcher, Gulf Ecology Division, Gulf Breeze, FL
- 1993-2001: Graduate Research Assistant, University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science, Solomons, MD
- Marine water quality research related to nutrients, eutrophication and hypoxia.
- Research supporting development of numeric water quality criteria for nutrients and nutrient-related water quality parameters
- Florida Nutrient Criteria Research - Research supports development of numeric water quality for nutrients in Florida's estuaries and coastal waters using statistical and other empirical approaches as well as dynamic simulation models for estuaries and their watersheds. Our research seeks to support current management needs for Florida while developing new tools and approaches that will inform sustainable management of nutrients in other areas of the United States.