Gulf Ecology Division
- Ph.D., North Carolina State University; Zoology, 2003
- M.S., Louisiana State University; Wildlife and Fisheries, 1997
- B.S., University of Oklahoma; Zoology, 1991
- Research Ecologist
- 2011: Associate professor (tenured), University of Southern Mississippi, Gulf Coast Research Lab, Ocean Springs, MS
- 2006 - 2010: Assistant professor, University of Southern Mississippi, Gulf Coast Research Lab, Ocean Springs, MS
- 2004 - 2005: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, Edgewater, MD
- Fisheries ecology and population dynamics
- Food web dynamics and energy flow through ecosystems
- Quantitative modeling of ecosystem dynamics
- As part of a larger effort started by EPA's Ecosystem Services Research Program, I am working on the Tampa Bay Ecosystem Services Demonstration Project. We are developing a web-based tool to allow exploration of the impacts of alternative futures on ecosystem services provided by the Tampa Bay watershed. This is a collaborative project with the Tampa Bay Estuary Program, Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council, etc., etc., etc.
- Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Community Sustainability - This project will develop a dataset and tools to inform coastal GOM communities about the sustainability of their decisions. It will also provide updated, accurate, and user friendly guidance on sustainability to end-user groups, including the general public, resource managers, and community and regional planners.