Measurement and Monitoring: Land Preservation and Restoration
A [Metadata] link on any item leads to that item's entry in the Registry of EPA Applications and Databases (READ). READ is an authoritative source of information about EPA application systems and other information sources.
- Technical Support Center for Monitoring and Site Characterization - Produces ProUCL software used to calculate the 95 percent upper confidence limit (UCL) of the arithmetic mean. Used for Superfund risk assessment calculations of the exposure point concentration (EPC).
- Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Rule (UCMR) - EPA revised (September 17, 1999) the Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Rule. EPA uses the data generated by the new UCMR to evaluate and prioritize contaminants on the Drinking Water Contaminant Candidate List, a list of contaminants EPA is considering for possible new drinking water standards.EPA revised (September 17, 1999) the Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Rule. EPA uses the data generated by the new UCMR to evaluate and prioritize contaminants on the Drinking Water Contaminant Candidate List, a list of contaminants EPA is considering for possible new drinking water standards.
- Accessing Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Data - EPA is currently receiving data related to monitoring of unregulated contaminants from public water systems (PWSs) complying with the Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Regulation (UCMR). EPA uses data generated by the UCMR to evaluate and prioritize contaminants on the Drinking Water Contaminant Candidate List, a list of contaminants EPA is considering for possible new drinking water standards. [Metadata]
- Chemical Screening Tool For Exposures & Environmental Releases ChemSTEER - This tool estimates occupational inhalation and dermal exposure to a chemical during industrial and commercial manufacturing, processing, and use operations involving the chemical and estimates releases of a chemical to air, water, and land that are associated with industrial and commercial manufacturing, processing, and use of the chemical.
- Interagency Testing Committee Under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) - In 1976 under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the U.S. Congress created the TSCA Interagency Testing Committee (ITC) as an independent advisory committee to the Administrator of the U.S. EPA.
- Hazardous Waste Identification Rule (HWIR) - EPA is finalizing, with revisions, the retention of the hazardous waste mixture and derived-from rules. The mixture and derived-from rules are a key part of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) rules that define when wastes are regulated as hazardous wastes.
- National Risk Management Research Laboratory Treatability Database (NRMRL Treatability Database) - The Treatability Database is now only available in disk form (at no charge).
- Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) - IRIS is a database of human health effects that may result from exposure to various substances found in the environment. [Metadata]
- Envirofacts - This website provides access to several EPA databases to provide you with information about environmental activities that may affect air, water, and land anywhere in the United States. With Envirofacts, you can learn more about these environmental activities in your area or you can generate maps of environmental information. [Metadata]
- Polychlorinated Biphenyls Transformer Registration Form (PCB Transformer Registration Form) - (EPA form 7720-12) This form cannot be filled out online or submitted online. Please print the form, fill out the entire form and return it to the Fibers and Organics Branch. [Metadata]
- Polychlorinated Biphenyls Activity Database (PADS) - Polychlorinated Biphenyls Waste Handlers Who Have Obtained an EPA ID Number.
- Pollutant Release and Transfer Registers (PRTRs) - The international equivalent to the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI). PRTRs are data banks of recorded information of the releases and transfers of toxic chemicals from industries, such as manufacturers, mining facilities, processors, or government-owned and operated facilities.
- North American Pollutant Release and Transfer Register (PRTR) - This project tracks and publishes information on the amounts, sources and handling of toxic chemicals from industrial activities in North America,