Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
Government and Commercial
The government and commercial sector consists of 172 facilities that emit more than 25,000 tons of CO2e per year from stationary combustion sources. The sector includes government owned facilities (excluding municipal waste landfills); schools (including colleges, universities, and technical and trade schools); military installations; hospitals; airports; and a small number of commercially owned facilities. Less than 1% of the facilities in this sector measure emissions using continuous emissions monitoring equipment. The majority of facilities use engineering calculations based on measured data.
- Total Reported Direct Emissions from Government and Commercial, by Subsector (as of 4/6/12).
- Location and emissions range for each reporting facility in the government and commercial sector (as of 4/6/12).
This map shows the locations of direct-emitting facilities. The size of a circle corresponds to the quantity of emissions reported by that facility.
Government and Commercial Sector 2010 Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reported to the GHGRP
- Number of facilities: 172
- Total emissions (CO2e): 13.7 million metric tons
- Emissions by category (CO2e):
CO2 emissions from the combustion of biomass are NOT included in emissions totals provided above.