Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
Pulp and Paper
The pulp and paper sector consists of facilities that produce market pulp or that manufacture pulp and paper. Facilities that have pulping processes report the GHG emissions from chemical recovery units, lime kilns, and stationary fuel combustion units. Besides the emissions from the pulp production processes, the sector includes combustion emissions from facilities that produce paper products from purchased pulp, produce secondary fiber from recycled paper, convert paper into paperboard products, operate coating and laminating processes, print products (such as newspapers, books, labels, business cards, stationery, business forms), and perform support activities (such as data imaging, platemaking services, and bookbinding). A total of 228 facilities reported under this sector. Facilities in this sector use mass balance or emission factors to calculate GHG emissions.
- Total Reported Direct Emissions from Pulp and Paper, by Subsector (as of 4/6/12).
- Location and emissions range for each reporting facility in the pulp and paper sector (as of 4/6/12).
Pulp and Paper Sector 2010 Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reported to the GHGRP
- Number of facilities: 228
- Total emissions (CO2e): 46.6 million metric tons
- Emissions by category (CO2e):
CO2 emissions from the combustion of biomass are NOT included in emissions totals provided above.