Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
EPA has developed a number of tools and documents to assist in understanding and complying with the Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program (GHGRP). Please note that these resources are intended for informational and instructional purposes only. Facility owners or operators and suppliers are responsible for determining how they would be affected by the requirements of Part 98, the rulemaking which established the GHGRP. Compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations remains the sole responsibility of each facility owner or operator subject to those laws and regulations.
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program FAQs: These FAQs address general questions about the Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program and its requirements.
- GHGRP Data FAQs: These FAQs address questions regarding the GHGRPs published yearly data.
- Contact Us: Submit a question using the Contact Us form if you are unable to find the answer to your question on the website or in the FAQs above.
- Applicability Tool: If you are unsure whether your business must report under the GHGRP, go to the Applicability tool, an application designed to help assess whether an entity must comply with the GHGRP.
Disclaimer: While this tool is designed to help interpret Part 98, the owner or operator of each facility is responsible for reviewing Part 98 and determining if Part 98 applies. Use of this tool does not constitute a determination by EPA of the applicability of Part 98 to any particular facility.
- Resources by Subpart: The various industries affected by the GHGRP are addressed by the different subparts of the rule. The Resources by Subpart page groups materials, including rule texts, information sheets, checklists, technical support documents, and presentations, according to their rule subpart.
- Proposed Rule Archive: During the Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rules (Part 98) proposal phase, EPA developed a number of supporting materials, including technical support documents and responses to comments received on the proposal.