Great Lakes Restoration Initiative 2014 Request for Applications
Comments or questions about the 2014 RFA?
- Use our comment form.
- Call 312-886-4013.
Sign up for the Great Lakes News email list to stay informed about our funding process.
EPA received 95 applications requesting over $70 million.
- Applications Submitted by Great Lakes / Non-Great Lakes States
- Applications Submitted by Category
- Applications Submitted by State
Applications closed August 27, 2014.
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- 2014 Request for Applications EPA-R5-GL2014-2 Mod 1 (PDF) (45 pp, 533 K) July 15, 2014 - modified July 30, 2014
- Notice of modification to GLRI 2014 RFA (PDF) (1 pg, 191 K) July 30, 2014
- Up To $27.5 Million Available From EPA for 2014 Great Lakes Restoration Projects (IL, IN, MI, MN, NY, OH, PA, WI) - Press Release (July 15, 2014)
- Questions and answers about the RFA - Aug. 26, 2014
EPA is soliciting applications for grants and/or cooperative agreements to be awarded as part of the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GLRI).
EPA will award approximately $27.5 million under a request for applications (RFA) for up to 30 projects, contingent upon funding availability, the quality of applications received and other applicable considerations. This RFA is EPA's major competitive grant funding opportunity under the GLRI for fiscal year 2014. It is one of several funding opportunities available through federal agencies under the GLRI.
Applications are requested for projects within the following three categories:
- Invasive species control
- Watershed management implementation
- Sediment reduction projects in priority watersheds