Sign up for the GreatLakesNews email list to learn about funding opportunities.
FY 2014 Funding Opportunities
- Great Lakes Shoreline Cities Green Infrastructure Grants
- Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GLRI) Request for Applications
- Integrated Atmospheric Deposition Network (IADN) Request for Applications
Previous Funding Opportunities
- Great Lakes Restoration Initiative 2013 Request for Applications
- Great Lakes Shoreline Cities Green Infrastucture Grants
- Previous Projects - Summaries of GLNPO grants are in these EPA databases; search using the Great Lakes CFDA number: 66.469
- Previous Requests for Proposals
Applying for Funding
Forms and Application Information
- Forms and Instructions
- Required Elements in a Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP)
- Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP) Checklist
Federal Grant Regulations and Policies
Other Funding Sources
Authorization for GLRI funding is contained in applicable appropriations acts, including the Consolidated Appropriations Act 2014, Public Law 113-76.
EPA has authority to award grants for planning, research, monitoring, outreach and implementation projects in furtherance of the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GLRI) and the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement (GLWQA).
The statutory authority to take action to implement the U.S. responsibilities under GLWQA is contained in Section 118(c) of the Clean Water Act. The principal goal of GLWQA is the restoration and maintenance of the chemical, physical, and biological integrity of the Great Lakes ecosystem.
Funded activities advance protection and restoration of the Great Lakes ecosystem in support of: