Green Landscaping: Greenacres
- Landscaping Video
- Getting Started
- Landscaping Hints
- Landscaping Native Plants Brochure
- Landscaping Native Plants Fact Sheet
- Landscaping Benefits with Native Plants
- Beneficial Landscaping Memorandum
- Case Studies
- Resources for Re-Seeding
- Landscape Water Conservation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Other Great Native Plants Site
- Native Vegetation Enhancement
- Wild Ones Handbook
- Homeowners' Resources
- Landscaping Naturally (video)
Remember, we will not post any information intended to directly benefit for-profit enterprises
Other Great Native Plant Sites
Think globally, but plant locally. There is an amazing amount of information out in cyberspace. Learn about what others are doing in their areas, and then decide what is appropriate for your home.
- The Tallgrass Prairie in Illinois
by Kenneth Robertson of Illinois Natural History Survey
- The Grand Prairie Friends are dedicated prairie types in East Central Illinois. Specific parts of this page may be of special interest, i.e., prairie gardening and restoration or native plant resources
Planting a Prairie
While we don't promote specific companies, the homepage of the Heyne Custom Seed Services Prairie Wildflower has great information, including topics such as restoration, quality seeds and rustlers. This page is also connected with the Iowa Prairie Network, a group similar to the Grand Prairie Friends.
Large menu list on wildflowers, including resource lists.
- Wetland Links
Large list of wetland links from Richard B. Winston of the Dept. of Geology and Geophysics at Louisiana State University.
- Why Grow Natives?
From the Growing Native Newsletter, by Louise Lacey
Biodiversity in the Great Lakes Region
A collection of biodiversity information from the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN) contains links to The Nature Conservancy, Canadian Botanical Conservation Network, Natural Heritage Network and other sources of biodiversity information in the Great Lakes area.
of the Great Lakes Region
List on native plants and other resources
- Emissions from Lawn and Garden Equipment