- EPA Regional Web sites
- Federal Agency and Partner Web sites
- Green Building Blog
- Publications and Tools
Note: this web site does not include links to the many non-Federal green building resources available, but such links may be found on Greening EPA's links to Green Building Resources.
These links take you to information about Green Building work going on in the EPA Regions.
Region 1: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
Region 2: New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands
Region 3 : Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
Region 7: Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska
Region 8: Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming
Region 9: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, the Pacific Islands
- The Whole Building Design Guide is a comprehensive, internet-based portal to a wide range of federal and private sector, building-related guidance, criteria and technology, including guidance and resources on sustainable design.
- Department of Energy's Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Network has numerous programs to improve energy efficiency and increase usage of renewable energy technologies.
- High-Performance Buildings Case Study Database is research sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy that seeks to improve building performance measuring methods by collecting data on various factors that affect a building's performance, such as energy, materials, and land use.
- FirstGov for Consumers - Performance and safety in your home.
- EPA's official blog, Greenversations, includes a Green Buildings Category. This blog is written by EPA employees (and occasional guests) about the things they bring to their jobs every day. Read EPA employee's blogs on green building topics.
- The Lifecycle Building Challenge is a competition soliciting projects, designs and ideas that facilitate building disassembly and material reuse to minimize waste, energy consumption, and associated greenhouse gas emissions.