EPA Facilities Manual
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
The following four documents make up the EPA Facilities Manual and are meant to be used together to determine design intent, requirements, and the ongoing evaluation of all EPA facilities:
- Volume 1: Space Acquisition and Planning Guidelines July 2004 (PDF) (58 pp, 1.6MB)
- Volume 2: Architecture and Engineering Guidelines Revised June 2012 (PDF) (439 pp, 3.2MB)
- Appendix B: Commissioning Guidelines Revised January 2009 (33 pp, 550K)
- EPA Facilities Manual Addendum I: Update of Guidelines to Include Procurement of Energy Efficient Products Required by the Energy Policy Act of 2005 July 2006 (PDF) (38 pp, 984K)
- Sections Affected by Addendum I July 2006 (PDF) (4 pp, 63K)
- Volume 3: Safety, Health, and Environmental Management Manual: Safety and Health Requirements July 2004 (PDF) (77 pp, 751K)
- Volume 4: Safety, Health, and Environmental Management Manual: Environmental Management Guidelines July 2004 (PDF) (116 pp, 1.9MB)
- Federal Register: Energy Efficiency Design Standards for New Federal Commercial and Multi-Family High-Rise Residential Buildings and New Federal Low-Rise Residential Buildings August 2011 (PDF) (7 pp, 167K)
- The "GreenCheck" form is a framework created by EPA for “greening” its real estate projects and streamlining and tracking its facilities’ compliance with federal requirements. GreenCheck consolidates various federal environmental and sustainability requirements into a user-friendly checklist to be evaluated at the inception of a project. Learn more about GreenCheck and download the GreenCheck form.