Where Do We Want To Be? - How To Get StartedWhere Are We Now? | Where Are We Going? | | How Do We Get There? | Let's Go!
Many issues may spark the question "Where Do We Want to Be?". Keep in mind that regardless of the spark or initial catalyst, the community should be prepared to look back at Where Are We Now? and Where Are We Going? to help frame this phase of the community planning process.
Issues That Spark the Visioning Process
Traffic congestion and transportation issues
- How can we become more pedestrian friendly?
- How can we encourage more public transportation?
- How can we reduce the number of miles traveled to perform our daily routines?
- What is happening to our tax base?
- How can we keep our tax base strong and yet enhance our quality of life?
Water Supply/Water Resources
- What can we do as a community to reduce the pollution of our surface waters?
- What will be our future demand for water and how can we meet that demand?
- How can we reduce flooding in our watershed?
- What are our most valued community treasures (cultural, social and natural resources) and how may we preserve them?
- Which of our local regulations and policies do not foster sustainability or may restrict innovative approaches to environmental protection?
- Can we redevelop our brownfields rather than use "green fields"?
Loss of Sensitive Land and Open Space
- How can we preserve our agricultural lands and keep small family farms in production?
- Are we encouraging development in areas which should be left in open space, providing protection to our streams, wetlands and forests?
- How can we reduce our exposure to lead and radon?
- What can we do to reduce air pollution in our neighborhoods?