Green Power Partnership
EPA co-sponsors the Green Power Leadership Awards in conjunction with the Center for Resource Solutions (CRS). The awards serve to recognize the leading actions of organizations, programs, suppliers, and individuals that significantly advance the development of green power sources. The 2013 Awards were presented at a ceremony held in conjunction with the Renewable Energy Markets Conference in Austin, Texas on September 23. Descriptions of the Award winners' accomplishments can be found here. Congratulations to all of the 2013 Award winners!
The 2014 Awards application period will open in spring 2014. Green Power Partners and green power suppliers may apply for an award, or another party may nominate them. For EPA award application instructions, please visit the Application Process Web page. Additional details about the conference can be found here. To receive Partnership and Awards updates, please contact us and indicate your interest in receiving updates from the Green Power Partnership.
Staples is committed to being a leader in sustainability and incorporating green power as part of our energy program. We are leaders in the industry in combining green power purchase and alternative energy resources to reduce our carbon footprint. Green power purchasing, development and implementation play a key role in meeting the company's goals and objectives.
- Bob Valair, Staples (Six-time Green Power Leadership Award winner)
Learn more about the awards.
|U.S. Environmental Protection Agency||U.S. Environmental Protection Agency||Center for Resource Solutions|
|Purchaser Awards||Supplier Awards||Market Development Awards|
|Sustained Excellence in Green Power||Green Power Supplier of the Year||Best Green Power Education Outreach Program|
|Green Power Partner of the Year||Innovative Green Power Program of the Year||Best Marketing Campaign by a Green Power Supplier|
|Green Power Community of the Year||Best Marketing Campaign by a Green Power Purchaser|
|On-site Generation||Green Power Leader of the Year|
|Green Power Purchasing|
EPA Purchaser Award Categories
- Sustained Excellence in Green Power: Recognizes continual leadership in advancing green power development.
- Green Power Partner of the Year: Recognizes Partners who distinguish themselves through their purchase, leadership, overall strategy, and impact on the green power market.
- Green Power Community of the Year: Recognizes EPA Green Power Communities that distinguish themselves through their green power usage, leadership, citizen engagement, renewable energy strategy, and impact on the green power market.
- On-site Generation: Recognizes Partners who distinguish themselves using on-site renewable energy applications including, but not limited to, solar photovoltaic (PV) and wind energy projects.
- Green Power Purchasing: Recognizes Partners who distinguish themselves through purchases of green power from a utility green-pricing program, a competitive green power marketer, or a renewable energy certificate (REC) supplier.
EPA Supplier Award Categories
- Green Power Supplier of the Year: Recognizes green power suppliers (utilities, retail suppliers, REC marketers, renewable energy project developers) that are leaders in offering voluntary renewable energy to their customers.
- Innovative Green Power Program of the Year: Recognizes green power suppliers (utilities, retail suppliers, REC marketers, renewable energy project developers) that are leaders in designing and implementing innovative voluntary renewable energy offerings.
Center for Resource Solutions Market Development Awards
- Best Marketing Campaign by a Green Power Supplier: Recognizes an innovative marketing campaign by a green power supplier. Marketing materials and themes that are inventive and original will be recognized. Materials used across all media (print, radio, TV, Web, and collateral materials) are eligible for entry.
- Best Green Power Education Outreach Program: Recognizes effective and unique outreach programs focusing on education related to green power. This award will honor work that spreads the word about the environmental benefits of green power and efforts to boost public interest in renewable energy.
- Best Marketing Campaign by a Green Power Purchaser: Recognizes an outstanding promotional campaign by a purchaser of green power. This award will honor a company or organization that has purchased or generated green power and has actively promoted their use of green power internally or externally in an innovative or compelling way.
- Green Power Leader of the Year: Recognizes outstanding leadership by an individual who is leveraging their influence, power, position, or purchasing power to expand the prevalence of renewable energy
What does winning an EPA Green Power Leadership Award mean to an organization?
An EPA Green Power Leadership Award offers significant opportunities for recipients:
- Demonstrate your environmental leadership
"Green power purchases are an effective and important way we can implement renewable energy sources as we work to reduce our carbon footprint. As an EPA Sustained Excellence Award winner, we have increased our purchases that are applied company-wide, achieving 100 percent green power in 2010, 2011 and 2012. We are pleased to have extended this commitment through 2015." - Ken Bonning, Kohl’s Senior Executive Vice President
- Receive EPA recognition
"Our 2013 Green Power Leadership Award winners are driving new renewable energy generation and providing clear examples of organizations thriving on innovation and sustainability. These winners are moving us closer to the vision President Obama outlined in his Climate Action Plan—cutting harmful pollution and promoting American leadership in renewable energy." - Gina McCarthy, EPA Administrator
- Become part of a prestigious group
"Pearson is proud to receive this prestigious award from the US EPA for a second time. Green power is an important tool in helping combat climate change and we are honored to stand alongside the many US schools and universities that also choose clean sources of electricity as part of their sustainability strategies." - Rich Glicini, SVP Corporate Social Responsibility, Pearson
- Seize the opportunity to promote participation in the Green Power Partnership
"We’re thrilled to be part of the EPA’s Green Power Partnership. It’s an unprecedented opportunity for us to integrate this meaningful and long-lasting environmental initiative into our operations." - Brad Haeberle, Vice President and Sustainability Council Chair, Siemens Industry, Inc.’s Building Technologies Division
- Be featured at the Renewable Energy Markets Conference
Award winners will be recognized at the industry’s paramount annual gathering attended by leading renewable energy and green power industry stakeholders.