Green Power Partnership
Solar Procurement Templates and Tools for Higher Education
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
1:00–2:00 pm (EDT)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership
On Wednesday, April 16, 2014, from 1:00–2:00 pm (EDT), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership (GPP) hosted a webinar entitled "Solar Procurement Templates and Tools for Higher Education."
Installed solar capacity in the higher education sector has grown dramatically in recent years, and for good reason — schools are taking advantage of dropping solar prices and state and federal incentives, and many see solar as a way to meet greenhouse gas reduction goals and stabilize or reduce energy costs. This webinar provided specific strategic and tactical guidance for higher education institutions interested in pursuing options for solar power on their facilities, and offered a host of resources that schools can use to shape and manage the solar procurement process to a successful outcome. Tools for schools interested in solar hot water systems were also included.
Tools and topics presented included:
- Procurement process outline
- Solar system specifications
- Vendor proposal checklist — ensures you have all relevant documents for decision-making
- Pricing worksheet — enables transparent and comparable vendor pricing
- Proposal evaluation criteria
- Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) Calculator — assists in evaluating informal/unsolicited bid pricing
Various solar procurement templates and tools were also discussed, including:
- Solar Request for Proposals (RFP) Guide (PDF, 1 pg, 101K, About PDF) | (Word format)
- Solar RFP Vendor Response Checklist (PDF) (1 pg, 15K) | (Word format)
- Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) Calculator (XLS) (34K)
- PV Systems Requirements (PDF) (3 pp, 33K) | (Word format)
- PV Cost Proposal Form (XLS) (13K)
- PV RFP Evaluation Matrix (XLS) (30K)
- RFP Issuance Checklist (PDF) (1 pg, 10K) | (Word format)
- Solar Hot Water System Specifications (PDF) (13 pp, 84K) | (Word format)
- Solar Hot Water Price Proposal (XLS) (13K)
- Blaine Collison, Director, EPA's Green Power Partnership
Presentation (PDF) (8 pp, 1.2 MB)
- Ben Foster, Senior Vice President, Optony Inc.
Presentation (PDF) (14 pp, 1.1 MB)
To request a recording of this webinar, please contact GPP.