Green Power Partnership
Renewable Energy for the Printing Industry
A podcast is an audio file published on the web and usually downloaded onto computers or portable listening devices such as iPods or other players. Podcast files are usually MP3 types which can be played on most players.
Get Media Player
You will need media player software on your computer to listen to the MP3 audio files below. You can download player software using links to these vendor Web sites or search the Web for “MP3 player software.” Download times for the entire audio clip may vary depending on the speed of your Web connection and other factors.
Subscribe via iTunes®
Subscribe via RSS/XML
EPA does not endorse any particular software or music service.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
2-3:15 PM (Eastern Time)
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Green Power Partnership (GPP)
The Sustainable Green Printing Partnership Program (SGP)
Topic: Renewable energy procurement for companies in the printing sector.
The free webinar included brief overviews of the GPP and SGP programs, a primer on how green power fits into companies’ sustainability initiatives and how to procure green power, and tips for effectively marketing green power activities. The webinar also featured a panel of individuals from printing companies that use green power to help meet their sustainability goals.
During this Webinar, participants learned about:
- How printers are using green power to lower their carbon footprint
- Available green power procurement options
- The process of making a green power purchase
- How to effectively market green power activities
- Allison Dennis, U.S. EPA’s Green Power Partnership
Podcast (MP3) (15:33, 3.6M) | Presentation (PDF) (12 pp., 901K, About PDF)
- Gary Jones, Printing Industries of America
Podcast (MP3) (9:35, 2.2M) | Presentation (PDF) (4 pp., 262K)
- Brian Driscoll, Phoenix Press
Podcast (MP3) (13:43, 4M) | Presentation (PDF), (14 pp., 372K)
- Connie O’Keefe, The John Roberts Company
Podcast (MP3) (11:10, 2.6M) | Presentation (PDF), (9 pp., 93K)
- Steve Whittaker, Monroe Litho
Podcast (MP3) (8:47, 2M) | Presentation (PDF), (12 pp., 80K)
- Questions and Answers
Podcast (MP3) (17:01, 4M)
- Transcript of the Renewable Energy for the Printing Industry (PDF) (28 pp., 101K)
To learn more about the Sustainable Green Printing Partnership, visit https://www.sgppartnership.org/.