Green Power Partnership
Sustainable Energy Use in the Hotel Industry
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
1-2:00 pm (EDT)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership
On Tuesday, August 21, 2012, from 1:00 - 2:00 pm (EDT), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership (GPP) hosted a webinar on "Sustainable Energy Use in the Hotel Industry." The webinar reviewed sustainable business practices in the hospitality industry, highlighting how renewable energy can reduce environmental impacts and increase customer satisfaction.
This webinar featured presentations from two EPA Green Power Partners — Hilton Worldwide and Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa — on how each company has incorporated renewable energy into their operations, as well as their sustainability successes and lessons learned. Two organizations that provide services and support to hotels as they strive to minimize their environmental impacts also presented during the webinar.
- Blaine Collison, Program Director, U.S. EPA's Green Power Partnership
Presentation (PDF) (16 pp, 1.7MB, About PDF)
- Pat Maher, Consultant with The Maher Group, American Hotel & Lodging Association
Presentation (PDF) (7 pp, 245K)
- Scott Parisi, President, EcoGreenHotel
Presentation (PDF) (9 pp, 716K)
- Randy P. Gaines, Vice President Engineering, Housekeeping, Laundry Operations - Americas, Hilton Worldwide
Presentation (PDF) (6 pp, 630K)
- Christopher Diego, Managing Director, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa
Presentation (PDF) (18 pp, 10MB)
To request an audio recording of the webinar send an email to Mollie Lemon (firstname.lastname@example.org).