Green Power Partnership
Corporate, Institutional, and Government Opportunities in Community Wind Development
A podcast is an audio file published on the web and usually downloaded onto computers or portable listening devices such as iPods or other players. Podcast files are usually MP3 types which can be played on most players.
Get Media Player
You will need media player software on your computer to listen to the MP3 audio files below. You can download player software using links to these vendor Web sites or search the Web for "MP3 player software." Download times for the entire audio clip may vary depending on the speed of your Web connection and other factors.
Subscribe via iTunes®
Subscribe via RSS/XML
EPA does not endorse any particular software or music service.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
1 - 2:15 p.m. (EST)
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Power Partnership (GPP)
This webinar featured information for large electricity users to participate in community wind power development. Projects are typically locally-owned and maximize the local benefits of wind generation. These projects can range from 2 megawatts (MW) capacity up to utility-scale and can be customer-sited or grid-sited. Possible ownership models include farmers and landowners (individuals and partnerships); large businesses and organizations, including higher education institutions and Fortune 500® companies; community and development groups; tribes and local governments; and public utilities. Opportunities for large electricity users to purchase power from community wind farms in a profit neutral manner will also be explored.
During this Webinar, participants learned about:
- How your organization can participate in community wind development
- The types of community wind projects – including institutional and corporate-owned options
- Learn the distinctions between utility-scale, multi-turbine large, and single-turbine small community wind projects
- The benefits and challenges of community wind development
- Factors that contribute to successful community wind projects
- The typical project development process and timeline
- Possible financial structures for projects, including the new National Wind Windfrastructure Program model
- James Critchfield, U.S. EPA
Podcast (MP3) (12:15, 3MB) | Presentation (PDF) (14 pp, 311K, About PDF)
- Jacob Susman, Founder and CEO, Own Energy
Podcast (MP3) (20:32, 5MB) | Presentation (PDF) (23 pp, 926K)
- Leon Steinberg, Chief Executive Officer, National Wind
Podcast (MP3) (19:03, 4MB) | Presentation (PDF) (36 pp, 1.3MB)
- Questions and Answers
Podcast (MP3) (19:34, 4MB)
- Answers to questions attendees submitted that were not addressed during the Corporate, Institutional, and Government Opportunities in Community Wind Development Webinar (PDF) (7 pp, 32K)
- Transcript (PDF) (28 pp., 236K) of the Corporate, Institutional, and Government Opportunities in Community Wind Development Webinar