Green Power Partnership
Green Power Procurement for K-12 Schools
A podcast is an audio file published on the web and usually downloaded onto computers or portable listening devices such as iPods or other players. Podcast files are usually MP3 types which can be played on most players.
Get Media Player
You will need media player software on your computer to listen to the MP3 audio files below. You can download player software using links to these vendor Web sites or search the Web for “MP3 player software.” Download times for the entire audio clip may vary depending on the speed of your Web connection and other factors.
Subscribe via iTunes®
Subscribe via RSS/XML
EPA does not endorse any particular software or music service.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
1-2 PM (Eastern Time)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Green Power Partnership (GPP)
The free webinar discussed renewable energy procurement for K-12 schools. The webinar included a primer on purchasing green power, an overview of the Green Power Partnership, and a review of available EPA resources and tools for schools. The webinar also featured speakers from two K-12 schools who shared their experiences with using green power at their institutions.
Participants learned about:
- Available green power procurement options
- The process of making a green power purchase
- The benefits of green power for a school
- How schools are integrating renewable energy into their curriculum
- Neelam R. Patel, U.S. EPA’s State and Local Climate and Energy Program, U.S. EPA Resources for Schools — Energy Efficiency and More
Podcast (MP3) (12:27, 3M) | Presentation (PDF) (22 pp., 1.2M, About PDF)
- Blaine Collison, U.S. EPA’s Green Power Partnership, Overview of Green Power Purchasing for K-12 Schools
Podcast (MP3) (21:03, 5M) | Presentation (PDF) (17 pp., 578K)
- Cecily Bullock, Assistant Business Manager & Assistant Facilities Director, Green Acres School
Podcast (MP3) (10:01, 2.3M) | Presentation (PDF) (12 pp., 206K)
- Paul Turner, Executive Director or Facilities, Austin Independent School District
Podcast (MP3) (10:01, 2.3M) | Presentation (PDF) (9 pp., 37K)
- Question and Answers
Podcast (MP3) (11:24, 2.6M)
- Transcript of Green Power Procurement for K-12 Schools Webinar (PDF) (23 pp., 78K)