Green Power Partnership
Solar Power Purchase Agreements
A podcast is an audio file published on the web and usually downloaded onto computers or portable listening devices such as iPods or other players. Podcast files are usually MP3 types which can be played on most players.
Get Media Player
You will need media player software on your computer to listen to the MP3 audio files below. You can download player software using links to these vendor Web sites or search the Web for “MP3 player software.” Download times for the entire audio clip may vary depending on the speed of your Web connection and other factors.
Subscribe via iTunes®
Subscribe via RSS/XML
EPA does not endorse any particular software or music service.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
1:00 to 2:30 p.m. (Eastern time)
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) Green Power Partnership (GPP)
The free Webinar discussed solar power purchase agreements (SPPA). An SPPA is a financial arrangement in which a third-party developer owns, operates, and maintains a photovoltaic (PV) system and a host customer (i.e., a business, municipal government, or university) agrees to site the system on its roof or elsewhere on its property and purchase the system’s electric output for a pre-determined period. Participants learned:
- How SPPAs can overcome many of the traditional barriers to solar adoption
- The benefits and challenges of an SPPA to the host customer
- The SPPA model’s impact on the solar market
- Who is doing SPPAs and why
- Ideal host customer characteristics
- How solar renewable energy certificates (SRECs) ownership affects a host customer’s carbon footprint and its ability to make environmental claims
- The steps necessary for a successful SPPA
Click on the links below to access the audio recording and the presentation slides:
- James Critchfield, U.S. EPA, Solar Power Purchase Agreements: Introduction
Podcast (MP3) (10:17, 3M) | Presentation (PDF) (9 pp., 602K, About PDF)
- Mark Culpepper, SunEdison, Markets & Trends: Solar Energy as a Service
Podcast (MP3) (20:15, 6M) | Presentation (PDF) (17 pp., 420K)
- Mark Buckley, Vice President of Environmental Affairs, Staples, Solar Power Purchase Agreements
Podcast (MP3) (17:16, 6.3M) | Presentation (PDF) (11 pp., 80K)
- Question and Answers
Podcast (MP3) (22:09, 5M)
- Answers to questions attendees submitted that were not addressed during the SPPA Webinar Event (PDF) (13 pp., 235K)
The mention of any company or product during the Green Power Partnership Webinar neither constitutes nor implies endorsement by the EPA. EPA recommends that organizations do their own due diligence when evaluating a service or product supplier.
For further information on Solar Power Purchase Agreements (SPPA) please visit EPA's SPPA web site.
View EPA's Top 20 On-site Power User list.