Great Lakes Restoration Initiative 2013 Request for Applications
EPA has solicited applications for grants and cooperative agreements to be awarded as part of the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative. The deadline was Aug. 14, 2013.
EPA received 63 applications requesting over $25.6 million.
- Applications Submitted by Great Lakes/Non-Great Lakes States
- Applications Submitted by Category
- Applications Submitted by State
EPA will award approximately $9.5 million under this request for applications (RFA) for about 20 projects, contingent on the availability of appropriations, the quality of applications received and other applicable considerations. This RFA is EPA's major competitive grant funding opportunity under the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative for fiscal year 2013. It is one of several funding opportunities available through federal agencies under GLRI.
Applications were requested for projects within the following four categories:
- Reducing exposure to toxic substances from fish consumption
- Invasive species prevention and control
- Lake Erie Cooperative Science and Monitoring Initiative
- Facilitation of Lakewide Action and Management Plan (LAMP) stakeholder forums
- EPA-R5-GL2013-2 Request for Applications - Modification 2 (PDF) (45 pp, 296K) July 15, 2013 - modified July 26 and August 1, 2013
- GLRI FY 2013 RFA Modification 2 Notice (PDF) (1 pg, 45 K) - Aug. 2, 2013
- GLRI 2013 RFA Questions and Answers (PDF) (10pp, 147K) Aug. 9, 2013
- News release: Up To $9.5 Million Available from EPA for 2013 Great Lakes Restoration Projects — July 15, 2013