About the Homeland Security Portal
EPA’s Office of Homeland Security (OHS) developed the Homeland Security Portal to serve as a gateway for federal, state, tribal, and local governments; emergency management officials; and the public to obtain information about EPA’s Homeland Security activities. Below are short descriptions of what can be found in each area of the site.
- Basic Information – provides background information about EPA’s involvement in homeland security, including how homeland security fits into the Agency’s Strategic Plan, key mandates directing Agency’s priority areas.
- Laws, Regulations & Mandates – covers laws, regulations and mandates that influence EPA’s homeland security programs.
- Programs and Initiatives – contains a list of EPA’s homeland security programs organized by topic.
- Where You Live – section has a list of regional homeland security programs.
- A-Z Subject Index – is a list of homeland security topics that can be found on the Portal.
- Tools and Resources - contains links to EPA training resources and other tools.
- Related Links – contains links to federal agencies and departments as well as state homeland security web sites.
- Contact Us – contains a mailing form and address in the event your questions or concerns are not addressed on this site.