Chemical Sponsorship and Commitment Information
Through voluntary chemical sponsorships, chemical manufacturers and importers agreed to provide health and environmental effects data for over 2,200 HPV chemicals. The program materials below explain in detail how companies made commitments to sponsor chemicals, what specific chemicals were sponsored, and what companies sponsored them. Also provided is technical correspondence between sponsors and EPA during the voluntary portion of the program.
- HPV Challenge Commitment Summary Report - This online report
summarizes all letters received by EPA in regards to making, modifying,
clarifying, or withdrawing commitments to sponsor and provide data for
- EPA Letters Inviting Industry Participation - Program letters inviting
member of industry to participate in the voluntary portion of the program
and asking for industry support of principles to protect animal welfare when
collecting hazard data.
- Making Chemical Commitments - Instructions for making commitments to
sponsor and collect data for HPV chemicals under the program.
- New Commitment Policy - Policy outlining specific guidelines (e.g.,
timeframes for submitting data) for individuals making new commitments
to sponsor HPV chemicals.
- Organizations Sponsoring Chemicals - Listing of individual companies
and consortia that have agreed to sponsor and provide data for HPV
chemicals under the program.
- Sponsored Chemicals List - Listing of HPV chemicals that companies
and consortia have agreed to sponsor under the program.
- How to Use the HPV Challenge Program Chemicals Lists - Instructions
for using the 1990, 1994, and additional chemicals sponsored under the
HPV Challenge Program lists.
- 1990 HPV Challenge Program Chemicals List - The original HPV
Challenge Program Chemical List comprised of chemicals produced in
HPV volume according to the 1990 Inventory Update Rule (IUR). The list
indicates the sponsorship status for the 1990 chemicals under the
voluntary portion of the program.
- 1994 HPV Challenge Program Chemicals List - A list of chemicals
produced in HPV volume according to the 1994 IUR reporting period that
were not part of the original 1990 list and that were newly available for
sponsorship under the program. The list indicates the sponsorship status
for these 1994 HPV chemical additions.
- Additional Chemicals Sponsored under the HPV Challenge Program -
A list of chemicals that companies or consortia sponsored under the program
that were not on either the 1990 HPV Challenge Program Chemical List or
the 1994 list of HPV additions.
- Technical Correspondence - Correspondence between sponsors and
EPA during the course of the voluntary portion of the HPV Challenge